Terms & Conditions:
- Special margin financing interest rate at 5.75% is only applicable to the overdraft amount in Renminbi arising out of the Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect Northbound Trading. Margin financing interest rates will be changed from time to time.
- The spread of RMB/HKD exchange rate shown above was as of 10 July 2015 and for reference only. RMB/HKD exchange rate will be changed from time to time.
- The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited releases a list of SSE Securities eligible for margin trading under the Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect arrangement from time to time. Everbright Securities International (“EBSI”) has no obligation to update the abovementioned list or to notify any relevant decision to restrict or suspend margin trading of any such eligible stocks.
- The above privileges are provided by EBSI and its member companies, including Everbright Securities Investment Services (HK) Limited and CES Forex (HK) Limited through EBSI and its sub-brand.
- EBSI and its member companies reserve the rights to suspend, amend or terminate the Offer and any of the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- In case of any disputes, the decision of EBSI shall be final and binding.
- Investment involves risks and the prices of securities may go up or down and may even become valueless. Before making any investment decisions, investors should carefully consider their own circumstances, risk tolerance level, investment experience and investment objectives. Investors should not base any of their investment decisions on the benefits of the Offer alone. If investors are in doubt, they should seek independent professional advice. Renminbi-denominated securities and products involves different risks (including but are not limited to currency risk, exchange rate risk, credit risk of issuer / counterparty, interest rate risk, liquidity risk (where appropriate)). The key risks of investing in the securities of Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect include:
- Transactions under the Northbound or Southbound Trading of Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect will not be covered by the Investor Compensation Fund in Hong Kong.
- Once the respective quota is used up, trading will be restricted or suspended.
- Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect will only operate on days when both markets are open for trading and when banks in both markets are open on the corresponding settlement days. Investors should take note of the days Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect is open for business and decide according to their own risk tolerance whether or not to take on the risk of price fluctuations in securities during the time when Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect is not trading.
- When certain stocks are removed from the scope of eligible stocks for trading via Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect, those stocks can only be sold but NOT bought.
- Investors will be exposed to currency risk if conversion of the local currency into RMB is required.
Risk Disclosure Statement relating to RMB Currency
Renminbi ("RMB") is subject to exchange rate risk. Fluctuation in the exchange rate of RMB may result in losses in the event that the customer subsequently converts RMB into another currency (including Hong Kong Dollars). Exchange controls imposed by the relevant authorities may also adversely affect the applicable exchange rate. RMB is currently not freely convertible and conversion of RMB may be subject to certain policy, regulatory requirements and/or restrictions (which are subject to changes from time to time without notice). The actual conversion arrangement will depend on the policy, regulatory requirements and/or restrictions prevailing at the relevant time.